Below, check out 10 practical tips for all those who wish to have a French bulldog at home and do not know what to expect.
10 crucial tips
- It is true that Frenchie dogs don’t need a lot of exercises. A calm walk for 20 minutes is enough for your French bulldog to maintain a healthy weight.
- French bulldogs are prone to heat, as they cannot breathe well. You must monitor him on hot days.
- French bulldogs can be easy to train, but they can also be stubborn. Make sure you offer treat (snacks) each time the dog does the work (training).
- If you enjoy cleanliness, the Frenchie may not be the dog for you, as he is prone to drooling. Without proper instructions, the French bulldog is difficult to train.
- French bulldogs can be a silent breed and are not known for barking frequently.
- As they do not usually have excessive barking, French Bulldogs are exceptional apartment dogs.
- While it is important to always supervise children and small dogs when together, the French bulldog loves the company of children.
- French bulldogs are excellent watchdogs, but they can become territorial and possessive. They also like to be the center of attention, which can lead to behavioral problems.
- French Bulldogs are companion dogs and look best when they can make human contact. You cannot leave the breed out of sight for a long time. He is prone to his master.
- To have a healthy Frenchie dog, never buy a puppy from an irresponsible breeder.
A few French bulldog facts
There is controversy surrounding the origins of the French bulldog, but the breed undoubtedly originated from the English bulldog. French bulldog Facts –
- The French bulldog is rooted in England,
- The bulldog was created to be a great companion,
- The French bulldog cannot swim,
- Flying by plane is a problem,
- He’s sensitive to criticism,
- Without a doubt, the French bulldog is loved due to his intelligence,
- The French bulldog has two styles of ears: shaped, and bat ears,
- Celebrities love French Bulldogs,
- The French bulldog needs weekly hair brushing,
- The bulldog needs an exercise routine,
- The breed has common health problems,
- The French bulldog can be brindle, fawn and spotted,
- The French bulldog is a low-energy dog.
Now that you’ve found out about the French bulldog’s personality, are you ready to live with a loving and loyal dog?